here we will analyze a fixed beam of 5m length with carrying UDL(uniform distributed load) of 20 kn/m.
Fixed beam with UDL
1) First we have to open the application.
2) After opening the app we have to click on NEW as shown in the image.
3) after that Give the project name and click on create button.
4)click on the close button. then you will see a graph with the axis.
5) To analyze the beam we have to first create a beam. first, we have to create a support node at first support and according to beam, we have to provide a node at each support as shown in the figure.
6)Now we have to join all node by member. So for this we have to go in ADD MEMBER option and select each node one by one.
7) After joining all nodes with members we have to provide support at each node. so to provide the type of support go to the support page and select the type of support as required.
8) Now it’s time to apply load on the beam so go to the loading page. I have selected UDL for this beam so as a shown figure I have applied 20 Kn/m on the whole span.
9)So we have a complete analysis of the beam. now to view various properties like the shear force diagram, bending moment diagram, deflected shape of the beam, and slope of the beam we have to go to the properties page as shown in the figure.